Monday, August 31, 2009

Who wants to visit?


I'll begin this post with a sunset bribe. Sure you'll have to sleep in a slightly musty Sportscoach unless you want to brave the roads at night, but I think the view is worth it. AND I'll cook you dinner...


Continuing my devotion to baby plants, our fall crop of spinach (above) and lettuce (below). The lettuce, pictured with basil and bulb fennel, have been so patient as we scramble to figure out where to put them.


Every week I scrub the potatoes 'till they shine like newborn babes. From left, Yellow Finn (mashers), All-blue (bakers), and red Fingerlings (tater salad).


With death, new life. We've begun the seed saving process with the Shelling Peas that bit the dust during the last heat wave. Christine put the fall pea crop in the ground this morning.


I've been collecting seed as I find it, preparing for a fall crop of carrots, kale, peas, and mustard greens at the urban farm homestead so devotedly cared for by the BF. When not naming all the houseplants, he's on a mission to grow a girl and boy avocado, for all our future guacamole needs. "Avery," pictured here, is crackin' right along!

No comments:

Post a Comment